Thursday, April 27, 2017

Craft room cleanup, and two-hour projects

My craft room has cluttered itself to unusability, so I'm cleaning and reorganizing.  The problem I have is that there's too much stuff.  There aren't enough places to put everything away.  So I need to do some stuff reduction, or at least consolidation, with a side of "why is that even in here, that doesn't belong here."

Along the way, I'm finding lots and lots of unfinished projects.  So for the next few weeks, I'm going to be focusing on little things that can be finished quickly. Garments that weren't *quite* ready for their event, and were abandoned at a late stage. Tiny alterations and mends. Briefly, projects that have less than two hours' work left in them.

If I can do just two "two hour" projects every day (with the understanding that some will inevitably turn out to be "Whoops! Six hours! Surprise!") I should be able to clear out my backlog in...oh...six and a half years.

But anything is better than nothing.

...right?

Today's two-hour project:
This pile of pieces
Holy terrible photo quality, Batman!
became this Jacobean jacket.


This was NOT a two-hour project.  Something like four? And I think there's about an hours' worth left, with sewing the lining in at the armscye, and hemming and cuffs.  And beyond that, it could really use some decorative stitching on the seams, but that can happen later.

And when I needed a break from purple wool, I worked a little on this corset I started for Dickens Faire, two(?) years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, that's better

This is my third completed tesseract.  The second wasn't particularly successful, and not really worth talking about right now. There ar...