Saturday, June 6, 2020

Oh, that's better

This is my third completed tesseract.  The second wasn't particularly successful, and not really worth talking about right now.



There are several changes from the previous one:
It's larger, to take the bulk of a rechargeable battery.
It's rechargeable.
I used a clear filament, so the whole thing glows with the LEDs, which is nice.
I added an ATTiny microcontroler to run RGB LEDs through the spectrum.


Man, am I happy with it.

Some process pics:

My first etched PCB!

Yes, it's small. Savvy observers will note that there are only three resistors for all eight LEDs; one each for red, green, and blue.  This isn't ideal, and the next will have each LED with its own resistor.


RGB LEDs wired in



The wires run up the spokes to the charging port and switch. They're fine enough that they more or less disappear inside the box.


I was constantly testing the LEDs to make sure wires hadn't wiggled themselves loose.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, that's better

This is my third completed tesseract.  The second wasn't particularly successful, and not really worth talking about right now. There ar...