Friday, March 20, 2020

Electronics?!? What?

So, a few years ago, I spent a few years working part-time as a technician in an electronics shop.  I built cables, inspected circuit boards and replaced bad components, that sort of thing.  I gained a fair amount of technical skill, but while I knew what to do, I had no idea what I was *doing,* and that bothered me.

Years later, I'm finally doing something about it.

I worked through Make: Electronics and the Sparkfun Inventor's Kit (both editions; there was enough of a delay between when I decided to do this, and when I finally did it that the new edition was out, and an upgrade kit was available.  I do recommend the earlier edition of the SIK book if you're into that sort of thing, there are more different kinds of sensors covered.

And then I made some stuff.

I made a binary counter, that could theoretically be worn as a pendant, especially if you found a better means of power management!


I made digital dice!



And of course I did the whole range of usual intro to electronic projects, which weren't worth documenting.  It's fun!  And I have a much better foundation to build on.

What next?  Things get really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, that's better

This is my third completed tesseract.  The second wasn't particularly successful, and not really worth talking about right now. There ar...