Friday, January 13, 2017

Quick shirt remodel

I had one of those sweater things, designed to hang open in front.  It looked fine the first few times I wore it, but then I washed it and the ribbed facing stretched out and the whole thing looked terrible.  (Then I snagged a thread in the sleeve and it snapped when I was trying to ease the stitches back into shape and now there's a hole.)

First step, remove the facing and the sleeves
not sure why this is blue
Then I removed the stitching at the shoulders,  crossed the front pieces over each other, and turned the whole thing backwards.





















I may adjust the shape of the armsyce in front, since it bunches a little under the arm there.  I'm a little bigger than my dress form, so the fit is a little different (less drape at the neck) but overall I'm happy with it. I've turned something I wouldn't wear again into something I'll probably wear (though maybe over a tank top?) and I don't think I'm even going to finish the hems. Raw edges suit the aesthetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, that's better

This is my third completed tesseract.  The second wasn't particularly successful, and not really worth talking about right now. There ar...